Stay with Stella is a community of cat lovers who love to travel. If you love cats and love to travel – and love to save money – you’ll fit right in.
Travel can be expensive. Even worse, you can wind up paying a lot and getting a little. As in, paying a lot for a hotel in a business district lacking the charm and nightlife you’re after. Or paying a lot for a cat sitter who shows up, puts down a bowl of fresh water and more kibble, and leaves 15 minutes later.
That’s where Stay with Stella steps in. We’ve created a community where liked-minded folks can help one another find inexpensive places to stay in New York City and get great care for their cats.
Here’s how Stay with Stella works:
- Join Stay with Stella. Right now, membership is free, so that’s pretty tough to beat. You can join as a host, a sitter, or both.
- Complete your profile. This is critical as it’s the best way to introduce yourself to fellow Stay with Stella members.
- Explore the site to meet other members. Use the messaging system to get to know them.
- When you’re ready to travel, post your availability, either as a sitter or as a host looking for a sitter. You can even post an availability with open dates if your plans are flexible.
- Connect with a fellow member whose plans mesh with your, get to know one another, and nail down the details.
Sitters get a free place to stay. Hosts get free cat sitting. And cats gets more love and attention than a paid cat sitter is likely to have time for.
So we hope you’ll come along on the ride with us. We’ll share everything we can about being a good cat sitter, being a good host, getting the most out of your travel dollar, and keeping your cats as healthy and happy as they can be.